- Restricting entry to the hospital for anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Increased disinfection of high touch surfaces within our hospital
- Hand sanitizer available at our point of sale machine
- Installation of a sneeze/cough guard at our front desk
- Curbside pick up of food and medications
- Accepting payment over the phone by credit card or e-transfer
- Curbside admission of patients to the hospital for examinations and/or surgery
- Increased time between scheduled appointments to maintain social distancing
The past few months have been challenging. Our phone lines are very busy and at times, we have been short-staffed. If you call and the lines are busy, please leave a message. Alternatively, you may contact us via email. If you are in the parking lot and cannot get through to us by phone, you can approach the front door but remain outside – we will see you and come out to talk with you as soon as possible.
We have limited access to our reception area to one client at a time. If you have a scheduled appointment, you will remain outside of the clinic while your pet is being examined. Once the examination is complete, the doctor on duty will discuss their findings and recommendations with you either over the phone or by coming outside to speak with you directly. Clients that prefer to pay in the clinic are, at that point, welcome to enter the building provided there is no other client at the front desk.
By limiting the time clients are inside the building to just a few minutes for payment of services, we are able to :
- More effectively maintain social distancing
- Provide more prompt service to clients that may be arriving to pick up medication or food
As of July 10, 2020, in accordance with the Durham region health department, clients are required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering upon entering Brock Street Animal Hospital. Please visit durham.ca/en/health-and-wellness/novel-coronavirus-update for more information on the use of non-medical masks/face coverings for indoor public spaces.
We would like to thank the staff at Brock Street Animal Hospital, all of whom we are extremely proud – everyone has been doing their best to adjust to a constantly evolving situation with both grace and tenacity.
We would also like to thank our clients who have been patient and understanding with the changes. Your support as always is very much appreciated.
Dr. Hayley King and Dr. Tim Mason